Tuesday, January 10, 2012

32w

This is one of the reasons I wish I had started up this blog earlier: weekly check-ins. I guess it's better late than never though, right? Then one day B will be able to thoroughly enjoy reading about when I was at my largest and most uncomfortable.

How far along: 32w (+1 day). 55 days to go!

How big is baby: According to the Bump, who likes to compare baby size to various fruit and veggie items, Betty is the size of a squash this week. (And has been the size of a squash since week 29.) According to my What to Expect iPhone app, she is the size of a honeydew melon, or 19 inches in length and around 4-ish pounds. In other words...she's GIANT.

Total weight gain: I have no idea. At week 22, I had gained 15 pounds. I have refused to look at the scale ever since. The doctors haven't said anything about it to me, so I figure I'm doing okay.

Sleep: SUCKS. I wake up at least 6 times a night in pain and having to pee. I figure this is decent practice for the getting up at least 6 times a night with a baby.

Maternity Clothes: So far I have amassed: 2 pairs of maternity skinny jeans, 1 pair of leggings, 2 pairs of maternity yoga pants, 1 pair of maternity sweat pants, 1 maternity dress, 4 tops (not counting the bag of clothes on lend to me from a friend out of which I've worn one thing). I intend to make these things work for me until the end of my pregnancy. Luckily some of my tops and dresses still fit me and I can still wear my regular tights and stuff if I keep them rolled under my belly.

Food cravings : I don't know if it's really a craving because I liked it before, but I could drink chocolate milk all day.

Food aversions: Fruit, but that's not abnormal for me.

Challenges: Really nothing aside from discomfort while sleeping and occasional mild heartburn. I'm hoping that I can make it to the end without waddling or having too much trouble getting up off the couch. And I'm still stretch mark free. *knocks wood*

Movement: I swear she's doing The Hustle in there.

Boy or Girl?: Duh.

What I’m looking forward to: THE END.

What I miss: Hot yoga. Beer. Raw sushi. Sleeping on my stomach.

Next appt: January 24th. I'm every 2 weeks now. I just had an appointment this morning and the belly is measuring exactly on track and her heartbeat was music to my ears!

Obligatory belly pic:

2 comments:

  1. I loved chocolate milk when pregnant too. And one thing I've learned since having the baby isn't so much that I get up many times a night but when I do get up I'm up for a good 30 min - 1 hour, feeding/changing etc. at least before I could pee real quick and fall back asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate sour patch kids and cheese cube, I could have eaten them all day long!

    I was glad to not be working at the end of my pregnancy because I was already getting on that newborn schedule like you are but I was able to sleep during the day.

    Can't wait to see Betty!

    ReplyDelete